Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lughnasadh

I spent Friday planning and working out the recipes that I'll be using this week and the area that the magick I will be working will focus on. Since the idea here is essentially eating with a conscious I felt like the best way to start would be magickally geared weight loss. After all I could stand to lose a few pounds. I have been using Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen as my main source of information. Cunningham provides a great list of ingredients that have weight loss energies including chives, onions, seaweed, chickweed, chevril, dill, fennel, honey, and pickles. There are a few things on this list that I couldn't find in my area but with plenty to choose from that's not a problem. I've got 5 great recipes to get me started.
August 1st is the Wiccan holiday Lughnasadh. This day marks the celebration of the first harvest. I already had plans to spend the evening at my parents house. The plan was to have a great meal and watch home movies of a show my daughter recently did at theater camp. Lucky for me my mother has a garden and we were able to harvest chives for our meal. Together we charged the chives with bright golden energy while visualizing weight loss. Afterwards we tossed salt onto the chives, then tossed it on some potatoes for roasting. It was a great way to celebrate the holiday and get started on my year of kitchen magick.

No comments:

Post a Comment